1. Accounting for the Industry Specifics of the Client’s Business
It is important to consider not only the macro industry but also the micro industry in which the company operates. The category of “microbranch” is close to the concept of a company’s specialization. For example:
The company is engaged in the food trade. Trade is a macro-industry, and the food is a micro-industry, that is, a company’s specialization. And it is necessary to take into account both the tendencies of trade in general and foodstuffs separately, so that, on the one hand, not to miss development trends, and, on the other hand, not to look silly in their developments, conditionally trying to invent a bicycle when there is a car for a long time.
Besides, an understanding of industry trends will help to understand who the real competitors of the company are, and not just for the top ten sites that appear in the top search engines.
2. The Composition of Digital Strategy (Digital Marketing Plan)
Diagnostics of the site, the input stream of leads and costs/results. Quite often, companies do not understand that they are not using their site for 100%. This is due to the fact that over the years, good stable companies have learned to do without this information channel, using the Internet only for email. But everything changes. Competition is getting tougher. The one who is the first to realize the potential of online development has the best chance of becoming a leader. And, on the other hand: the leader company should not neglect the digital strategy if it wants to remain dominant in the market.
The company’s website today performs many important functions:
1. The sale of goods/services, for example:
- Interactive sales of goods and services;
- The attraction of new clients;
- Promotional codes and discounts;
- Holding marketing campaigns with the aim of increasing sales;
2. Attracting employees, for example:
- Creating career sections on the site;
- A form for a resume;
- Introduction of preliminary testing of candidates on the site;
3. Detailed information about the company, for example:
- A map of offices or shops;
- The site is open 24 hours, so the visitor can always get information about the company;
4. Attracting partners, contractors, for example:
- Establishing relationships with new and existing partners of the company;
5. The company’s advertising on the network, for example:
- Support and promotion of the company’s image on the Internet;
6. Automation of business processes, for example:
- Increased service speed;
- Ticket system;
- Information services and representational purposes.
Positioning the company on the Internet. Positioning online, as well as offline answers the question: do users who come across a company at one of the contact points on the network (website, landing, banner, ad, article, etc.) understand what the company does and how it makes this world is getting better.
Tasks that the company can more effectively solve by acting online.
Here are some examples:
- Geo-targeting of content for a specific region;
- Content plan;
- Building an online sales system, etc.
Digital tools with the rationale for the use.
3. Budgeting and Planning, KPI
An important part of the digital marketing business plan is also the budgeting of selected tools and the determination of the forward-looking ROI. It makes no sense to develop an effective strategy if no one can understand how much money the company has saved or brought.
4. The Concept of Analytics
A digital strategy should not only describe the main business processes online but also prepare the basis for reporting. What indicators should be monitored? What analytics systems to use? What goals to set?
5. Analysis of Competitors
This is a mandatory item that, one way or another, is present in any development strategy.
As part of competitor analysis, no more than four competitor websites are analyzed by the following parameters:
- the proportion of total traffic to the company’s website and competitors’ sites;
- traffic shares: direct visits, mailings, referrals, soc. networks, organic search, paid search and display advertising;
- traffic quality assessment: average visit duration, bounce rate, number of pages viewed.
If you are not entirely sure you can come up with a legit marketing business plan or a digital strategy, you should consider addressing writing experts with relevant field experience. No matter whether you need this plan to present to an investor or as a term paper for your MBA class, professional writers can help you out before the deadline. Good luck!